Bullet holes in the walls and fairytales in the bag.
Ringerike museum was founded in 1923. It acquired and moved into the enormous timber building Norderhov vicarage around 1960. The house dates back to 1635, and until 1960 it was the residence of the vicar of Norderhov church. Anna Colbjørnsdatter The museum tells the dramatic story of how the courageous wife of the vicar, Anna Colbjørnsdatter, tricked several hundred Swedish soldiers in the battle of Norderhov in 1716. A large number of Swedish soldiers were killed. Bullet holes in the walls and weapons in the room bear witness to the terrible event. The dried up body of Anna is still in the crypt of Norderhov church. Jørgen Moe It was here, in Norderhov’s old vicarage, that the fairytale authors Jørgen Moe and Peter Christian Asbjørnsen met for the first time, when they were just 13–14 years old. This is where they laid the foundations for a life-long friendship that awakened their interest in collecting Norwegian fairytales. The museum has hundreds of objects from their lives.
Hjemmestyrkemuseet – home forces museum Located on the first floor of Ringerike museum, the exhibition Hjemmestyrkemuseet D14.2 shows weapons and equipment from the German occupation of Norway, and paints a brutal picture of the armed resistance in the period from 1940–45. The museum also has exhibitions from Hole and Ringerike, a welcoming museum shop and a kiosk.
Welcome to an exciting museum and learn how significant people and dramatic events have left indelible marks on Norway’s history!
Opening times last updatet 2017:
30 May – 3 Sept. Tuesday – Sunday, 11.00–16.00
School classes and groups are welcome every day, all year, by prior arrangement.